1. Passing with time; transitory.
2. Remaining in a place only a brief time.
3. Physics Decaying with time, especially as a simple exponential function of time.
1. One that is transient, especially a hotel guest or boarder who stays for only a brief time.
2. Physics A transient phenomenon or property, especially a transient electric current.
[Alteration of Latin trnsins, trnseunt-, present participle of trnsre, to go over : trns-, over; see trans- + re, to go; see ei- in Indo-European roots.]
transiently | adv.
transience, transiency | n