Wednesday 29 December 2010

new painting



After walking around the Fine Art section of Manchester School of Art and chatting to a few fellow [fine-artist] students, I have decided to get my paints out and do some fresh compositions. I haven't really painted for at least 9 months and thought it was time that I actually did some painterly work.

I left some ideas shelved from when I finished Foundation at least 18 months ago and they didn't really reach any final conclusions or resolutions and after doing some test pieces..in which the above painting is..I will then be jogging on with the final and concluded piece.

This one here has been developed from an A5 sized oil and acrylic on board and I have painted it several colour combinations such as black and white and then green on red and back to red on green. After painting the blue on red and thinking that there should be another element added..I decided upon white. It has a very nationalistic feel about it..very Great Britain and Union Jack-like. We SHOULD really take back our flag from the rascist scumbags and begin to get proud of it like the Americans etc.. In the whole scheme of artistic history..I feel this painting is leaning towards the Jasper Johns side then the normal swayings of Constructivism..in all. I am happy with the A4 sized article and now ready to progress onto the A1 canvas.

No comments: