Friday 18 February 2011

The Brick Lane Gallery annexe

So I am now wearing lace-up shoes and feel proper grown-up because I have been to London and had my first real exhibition. It was in Brick Lane which is in the Asain district of town with a plethora of street hawkers banging on how super cool their bit of culinary prowess is.

Well..Shoreditch is on the west-side and Hoxton is on the north-side and Aldgate East is just at the bottom end of the Lane itself and is very easy to get to. I just hope other people find it as easy as I did and come n' buy my photographs..

The response that I got though was pretty good and a few punters likened me to Mark Rothko in the excecution of the compositions. I did do some hard selling and explained my conceptions to a few of the fellow artists. I was the only photographer who was exhibiting there and the rest of what I saw were paintings both classical, contemporary and abstract. My photographs were of painted lines so I guess that I am meant to be there.

The evening went well as expected..being a little shy and a stranger in a another city, I didn't talk to as much people. I spoke to an artist about marble and how to sculpt with it and another about other arty things and had a gossip. My photographs are there still and are going to be hung for two weeks..I just hope that i get another exhibition down in london soon.

I am now on the hunt for new galleries..

1 comment:

hazel said...

hope you sell some work..you are ,indeed,very grown up now...