Wednesday 23 February 2011

genesis of new project



..with visiting galleries both in Berlin and London and seeing more art then you can shake a stick at..I am finally getting inspired and becoming. I am intrigued by old graphic paper and continuos lines and mini sculptural blocks of cement. I am filling books up of abstracted minimalism in order to create a series of hopefully large scale blocks. At the moment though, I have to filter out at least six simple-ish shapes and either slice them out of clay or construct them with white card or cardboard. I just want them to be very clean and clinical not unlike the Peterlee estate that Victor Pasemore constructed. Thids work was created in the late sixties and is still evolving evn after the death of it's creator. This is the evolutional ethos that excites me and after watching the excellent series on BBC4 thats on at the moment about sculpture and especially David Nash, I need to pull my socks up and get on with the interest that I got from the Head of Art from Blackburn Museum.

new work..


No comments: