Thursday 1 December 2011

up to date

I've been super busy with writing my dissertation that I have neglected portions of my creative practise recently. My dissertation took a while to formulate and eventually it began to take shape. It has a very angular and symmetrical aspect to it and I will upload the document as soon as it is printed, bound and delivered to the receipting office of the university.

We have to put the third year show up tomorrow and the deadline is 12pm. I have rejected the idea of showing my [Renal System] as shown below because after talking to a few friends, I've decided to concentrate with the sculpture idea that I have been working with for the last two months.

I quite like what I ahve done with the piece and it has evolved into a model for a proposed echo chamber. I am planning on building a life sized version for my degree show and 8 feet in height and 14 feet in length. There is also a recorded piece of music that what used for another project being supplanted for the sculpture to create an impression of scale and depth.

After the show I will develop my ideas further but in the meantime, work on the chair design that I started at the beginning of the term. I have the piecesv all cut out but need to sand them down and construct the bloody thing. The work was halted as I was trying out new ideas and I went with the sculptural one instead.

No comments: