1. The process of increasing in number, size, quantity, or extent.
2. Something added or gained: a force swelled by increments from allied armies.
3. A slight, often barely perceptible augmentation.
4. One of a series of regular additions or contributions: accumulating a fund by increments.
5. Mathematics A small positive or negative change in the value of a variable.
[Middle English, from Latin incrmentum, from incrscere, to increase; see increase.]
incremental | adj.
incrementally | adv.
incrementality | n.