Thursday 14 March 2013

Rosa Barba @ the Cornerhouse

As I had the chance to go to Manchester under the illusion of auditioning for the Pointless gameshow at the Palace Hotel on Oxford Road, I decided to pop into the Cornerhouse to see the Barba exhibition on the two upper floors.

Rosa Barba was unknown to me at this point and I instantly fell in love with the art work. The way the rooms was set out was beautiful with the cine cameras all postioned towards (on the top floor) an extremely large projection sheet and the floor below, towards several points along the walls.

I enjoy the lower floor with it's almost seemingly random wordings and eventually the phrases fell into place. They began to act like a call and response type of choir and was very poetic. I spent quite a long time in the lower room and must attend the exhibition again as I never had the time to take it all in.

No comments: