Monday 5 August 2013

preliminaries for screen printing

With the envelope collages and using paper as a medium, I have began to utilise the surplus from my cuttings. The collaged envelope squares project is still on but is becoming more refined now. I have been working on the project for about ten months now and have a collection of different envelope designs and now finished collages of variable dimensions.

Some of the finished collages are framed in A5, A4 and A2 sized frames that I have bought from a variety of Poundshops and Charity Shops. The Poundshop frames are quite variable in quality of course, but I have managed to buy some good ones and they are cheap and transient anyway. The Charity Shop ones are spraypainted black as I have been told that this is the 'norm'.

So, with this work becoming more focused I have reverted to a concept that I started in my Art Foundation in 2009. I take stark and succinct sentences and use these sentences as a one-sentence poem (maybe too many sentences within one sentence here but..). What I used to do was to make a minimal collage and then use the sentence/phrase as a piece of interest/title of the piece. Now, I would like to make several screenprints/risographs at A3 sized and get them framed up.

The ones that are above where collected from several items of corporate literature that I think had some poetic providence. I think, as stated, that they are quite stark and succinct and only slightly joyful. Obviously, the ones shown here where made using the raw materials, the final ones will be printed somehow.


If you miss one week, don't worry you can still use your next coupon.



This page is intentionally blank.


How to complain
We aim to make it right if things go wrong.


Altogether as a triptych.

No comments: