Wednesday 6 November 2013

Call out..Will Kwan

CALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call for participation: young artists of Manchester by our current artist in residence Will Kwan

'I am looking for young artists and recents arts graduates to participate in a video project I am working on as the current artist-in-residence at the Centre for Contemporary Chinese Art (formerly the Chinese Arts Centre) in Manchester.

My project involves recording young artists in Manchester reading artist statements that they have written for shows that they have presented recently or for their degree exhibition. I am working with the artists to adapt their statements into "scripts" that will be recorded either as audio or read for the camera in site-specific locations chosen by each individual artist. The collection of readings are meant to create a portrait of a generation of young Manchester artists' artistic, intellectual, and political aspirations.

I will begin meeting with interested artists from 28 October until 9 November either in their studios or at my workspace at the Centre for Contemporary Chinese Art in the Northern Quarter.

Recording with take place from 11-16 November.

The work will have its first screening at the Centre for Contemporary Chinese Art during an open studio in late November.

If you are in Manchester and interested in participating in this project please let me know. I would be happy to send you more information or to schedule a time to meet. I look forward to hearing from you.

Will Kwan
info@studiowillkwan.com
wkwan@utsc.utoronto.ca

No comments: