Monday 16 January 2012

Manchester Artist's Bonfire 2012


It's that time again for the inaugural Manchester Artist's Bonfire 2012. One year on and now is a staple in the Mancunian Artist's Calender. I did this event last year under a paper thin pretense of getting free publicity for my then just released book, what I got from it was a hellava lot more. I met fellow artists and people from Manchester and had as great time.

This year is more personal and I will be burning a brand new maquette of some public structure that I tried to construct last July but because of logistics, it was put on hold. I had a fairly strange attack of loss of faith with my work and decided to throw away quite a few pieces of work that I was concentrating on, I haeld this piece back so I could ceremoniously burn it at this event.

Pledge #4

Sonny J Barker.

Practice:
Installation

Blog:
http://organicrobotix.blogspot.com/

Title of art work:
Maquette for possible public structure

Description of art work:
Piece of Painted MDF with Plywood Squares. This was the maquette for a piece of public art that was scheduled for July 2011. It was abandoned due to timing and logistical issues.This piece spells out the word [TOUCH] in squared braille and at life sized would have been a three-tiered cement block structure.

Pledge:
Through destruction we have further construction..I am aiming to sacrifice previous thoughts in order to supplant a more phoenix-like process of working.

I needed to get back to why I love art and by doing this I have started a more personal and defined project…

No comments: