Sunday 15 January 2012

Sunday, 15th January 2012..Trek into the Forest








With Beethovens Symphony No6..The Pastoral Suite oozing from my iPod and another glorious Winter's Sunday, I decided to explore Longridge and Beacon Fell. I trekked through the forest with my Polaroid 600 and my Lumix and started to take photographs of the wooded areas. Unfortunately, the Polaroids took a turn for the worst and because of the severe coldness , never had the chance to develop. I am really cheesed of with the temperamentalness of the Impossible Project products but that IS another story.

The local landowner has this part of the forest of Bowland under a state of flux at the moment, at some sites there are Scot's Pine and in others just sheer wasteland. The wastelanded areas though are conducive for the linocut project but they have just decimated a large area of natural habitat for fungi and adders.

The photographs above are ones that I have letterboxed in wait for analysis and eventual carving into the lino. The previous linocut was from imagination and now I am ready to intergrate real life vistas into the project.

No comments: