Monday 19 July 2010

snippet from [the polaroid book]

After buying the [The Polaroid Book] and flicking through the 350 pages, I have discovered another aspect of polaroid photography and of photography itself. It can be used to create minimalist abstractions and other constructivist compositions. I have been touching on this subject for a while now but after doing some much needed research and development, the point has been made clear.

The Lucien Fellowes project may heave been the catalyst for the [road-side markings] and the nut and bolt collection excercise but Grant Hamilton and Bruno Bourel has ben the mind glue that is cementing my ideas. My photography is diverting into another sphere and I do think that I am getting a little more confident with what I am trying to do. The six pack of ten year old Polaroids, even though quite useless without a scanner with colour restoration, are becoming quite useful. Usually the thought of 'oh God, that's costing about £4- a snap' runs around my head when taking potshots with the SX-70 but now, because of the cheapness, I can afford to experiment.

No comments: