Thursday 18 November 2010

new work

I read a book called Rant by Chuck Palahniuk and Liminal Time was metioned within it. I strongly recommend the book, I've read it twice and need to do read it again for my up and coming essay.
My main project is that I've designed an environmental/social collage/structure made from concrete slabs. At the moment it's just at maquette stage with wood slabs. It say [please don not touch] written in squared braille.
What I am proposing to do is to find an open/derelict site and laying out the collage/structure. I want to have some kind of opening event with a band/party/media attention [?].
The 'art' part of the piece is the gradual decline and atrophy of the structure and I'm going to try to document this with film or photography. I'm just seeking a specific site at the moment and the documenting of the location will be archived and shown within a gallery space.

No comments: