Wednesday 10 November 2010

Presentation at a local Camera Club

I have now been going to my local camera club which is situated in Blackburn now since the end of May, this year. It has been a good experience, a regular meet up with non-artie types who enjoy photography and who takes the medium seriously. I have been taken under their wing and shown tips on how to take landscape and portrait photography and took on outings around the local area and to photograph concerts.

There are regular competitions that are taken seriously and I have entered them...the next one are the Presidential Prize..[open colour] and [all things bright and beautiful]. Yes, I have entered this competition and hopefully I'll do better then the last couple.

On Monday, I was given the task to do a 20 minute presentation which I have to get right before next Monday. I have a complete different style as a lot of the guys at the club. This worries me slightly but..a bit of strangeness will charm them, I hope. The photographs I will be showing will be the Demolished Photos, my Shelter Photos, Landscape and the new project, Empty Space. I will also be showing some of the Road-Side Markings. Now, the task is to write up a convincing speech to cement what I am showing.

No comments: