Thursday 14 January 2010

Manchester Museum

I've been to the Manchester Museum this afternoon to see the Charles Darwin exhibition. I'd like to say that it was fantastic but I can't. Don't get me wrong though, it is astounding and all relevant adjectives but it was in a little room off the side to the shop. I thought the inclusion of his notebooks were a good piece of displaying but the room wasn't dressed right. The only person that was there when I was there were this annoying little girl who just stomped around the room all by herself totally oblivious to what was being displayed and why...ooh well. Probably a little underwhelmed after seeing the T-REX skeleton in the ground floor. There were huge section on animal and vegetation life and a good section on living cultures.

I only had two hours spare to investigate the exhibits so of course, I missed some interesting things. I usually have my little sketchbook with me when I visit museums and galleries but this time only had my project sketchbook in my bag. I managed to give a page for quick sketches, two of ameobas and one of the bone structure of an unknown (to me) dinosaur.

What I was going to do today were computer studies and a visit to the Whitworth Gallery but after a meeting that was very productive, I got as far as the Manchester Museum. I managed to do some computer work but had to get back home.

No comments: