Thursday 12 August 2010

the new PX70FF colour range from The Impossible Project


original shot taken at 15:00 and scanned at 16:00 (11:08:10)


original shot rescanned at 18:00 the following day (12:08:10)


original rescanned using colour restoration (11:08:10)

Hey...at 09:30 on 11 August 2010 a package was hand delivered to from Mr U.P.S.. It had the familiar clear tape with the moniker of [THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT]. I ordered this package on the 5th August and with problems with Paypal and some 'sending limit' that is put on accounts, I had to but the contents of the package through other means. The contents that are in question is, of course, PX70FF COLOUR 'POLAROID' FILM.
They have brought out the first flush of SX-70 colour film amid the hoohah of difficulties of their monochrome Silver Shade series still needing to be ironed out. The monochrome sets are still extremely erratic and very temperamental but it takes guts to bring out the colour series. I say colour but they are more like the original Polaroid line, TZ Artistic. The TZ range have a very aqua-greenish tinge to them but that is a colour I really admire.
The new Polaroid-esque films developed over time. I have done an experiment with my first photograph (above). I took one yesterday at 15:00 and scanned it an hour later and then scanned it again today at 18:00 hours. There is a definite overall change to the image. It has more depth and is getting a more of a blue-tinged hue. I really like the outcome though. My fingers and toes are crossed that they don't go down the route of the first PX600FF and have a completely ruined image. Thanks goodness for WWW.POLANOID.NET a website dedicated to Polaroid and Instant Photography. I have scanned and uploaded all my PX600 and PX100 shots and they are in their original state...but only online.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rough translation for 13-08-10 03:07

Mastery of wisdom, will never be forgotten

<thanks for the comment