Sunday 15 August 2010

spread thinly for economy [part two]

The Free For Arts Festival exhibition is back again. We've been given quite a good space in Piccadilly, in the middle of Manchester. It's a lot better than the space that was offered previously. I'm exhibiting my light boxes but need to get on with the wiring work as they are left untouched in my studio. I've studied Physics and worked in a Dye Laboratory for five years so I must have simple knowledge of earth, live and the other one. And some reprints of my Road-Side projects WILL NEED TO BE finalised.

So, there are three definite exhibitions happening from 10 Sept-18 Oct. I have the aforementioned FFAF, Start From Scratch and the Sound exhibition that is on the periphery to the FFAF.

1:Monoliths in Light-sculpture...Free For Arts Festival
Roadside Markings Diptych-A2 digital prints

2:Roadside Markings Triptych-A2 reprinted Polaroids...Start From Scratch

3:Captured Voices-looped digital recorded train conversations...Sound Exhibition

That's three of my ongoing projects that really need to have an end point. The reprints are going to be easy, I have selected the winning [money] shots and I know where to go to print them. The looped voices are done, just need to record to CD and try to record visuals...I HAVE an 8MM piece of film that is only about a minute long but incorporates trains and stations so I should give that a try. The elephant in the room are the monoliths, I just need to pull my finger out and get cracking.

As previously stated somewhere in this blog, I now go to a Camera Club where trips are planned and photo opportunities are announced. A few weeks ago, a sojourn was announced, a trip to see a Las Vegas [style] Spectacular. I took my chances and took my Polaroid, my Lumix and my trusty Makita. I arrived an hour earlier and had a nice chat with the band leader and with this I was awarded with the better camera angles and photo opportunities within the performance.

My camera skills aren't the best in the bunch, a lot of amatuer-pro photographers come to this club...very trainspottery. You just have to do your best with what you have got in this world. I took at least 150 digitals, 10 Polaroids and 30 filmed photographs. Some are really good and some will need work and retouching. If the band uses some of my photos, they'll be copyrighted sure enough, I might get some more work out of it.

No comments: