Friday 10 September 2010

15 LPs in 15 Minutes

As a response to a Facebook message I hi-jacked; late, late last night...


1|Frank Zappa...Live at Filmore East:
A fun record to listen to and just for 'Tears began To Fall' alone.

2|Stereolab...Mars Audiac Quintet
The turning point in my audio pleasure and still makes me fuzzy inside.

3|Mogwai...Rock Action
A band grows up and makes a pop album.

4|The Lynnfield Pioneers...Free PopCorn
Unknown band to me until 3.30pm yesterday and now is my favourite album at the moment.

5|The Beastie Boys...Ill Communication
Hardcore, Jazz, Hip-Hop and Funk rolled up in neat little package

6|The Aphex Twin...I Care Because You Do
Could've chosen Drugks but this has a special place in my heart

7|Neu!...Neu!
An influence to many how care and to many who don't.

8|Slayer...Reign In Blood
The first album I bought when I was a wee nipper.

9|New Order...Power, Corruption and Lies
Worth the black eye when I stole it off my big brother when a teenaged oik.

10|Kitsune Three...Compilation
A bumper LP with much goodies that a stick can be shook at.

11|The Damned...The Damned
The first punk album released and is still fresh heard today.

12|Natural Born Killers...OST
Not just a soundtrack but a mixtape form a good friend.

13|Everything, Everything...Man Alive
Something compelling about the band and good live to boot.

14|Bis...The New Transistor Heroes
Lo-Fi Disco Punk from Scotland that still gets aired regularly in the kitchen...A forgotten gem...

15|Throbbing Gristle...TG1
Blew my mind on the first hearing an aural masterpiece.

This was so hard to do and I know that I have left out a great deal...15 albums to choose over a lifespan is just too tragic to comprehend...[o_O]

No comments: