Friday 10 September 2010

Tonight is the Exhibition Night

It is on... The opening night is this night. Start From Scratch will opening it's doors at 6pm and the masses are going to descend. There are at least twenty of us exhibiting and that IS value for money. I paid a visit to the gallery space yesterday and the venue is well ample enough for what is planned. DeeJays are from 'Trailer Trash' so the sounds will be funky.

I have priced up the prints at £70- each and assorted prints for a fiver so I'll recoup costs of the prints. Most of the artwork is of the illustrative type with canvases, mirror-work and other graffiti-type pieces. It does look good and is what a small ex cotton mill needs for it's town centre.

I have made 26 goodie bags that I will give free which includes:

three photographs,
double-sided business cards
a bag of Haribo sweeties
and a clothing peg.

The contents of the bag do appear random but they are included for reasons of which I'll explain;

The photographs are to show the build-up of the final three prints and to further explain the concept in imagery instead of wording. The business cards are self-explanatory, the sweets are to enhance the sensory receptors. And the clothing peg, something to remind the recipient of me and my artwork.

So it is on...the exhibition starts at 6pm.

No comments: