Monday 20 September 2010

Auction



These were considered worthless but they are to be made as Interactive Sculptures

So I went to the Art Auction where I donated three of my sculptures that I made from cardboard and took about a week to design, build a paint. I waited for the time that the auction would start and when three items sold I eagerly awaited my turn. Lo! and behold...they didn't sell. Not a bean was offered.

This may sound like bad feelings or a bit of 'it's not fair' ness but what surprised me is that it was very cliquey. It doesn't need Sherlock Holmes to deduce that only the people from year three was and so were their friends. They all bided on each others things and of course...poor old me [et, cetera] didn't get a look in. Well, at least I put myself forward for public ridicule. I'm the only person to consider myself and my objects as Art Auction Failures but, [FUCK THAT]. Life is too damn short to cradle rejection and embarrassment close to the heart. I'm starting back at Uni tomorrow and will see the spectaters from the auction... I've been through worse socially uneasy predicaments in the past and will go through even more in the future.

I am on with poster for the preview night of Collective Vision versus Creative Transit and it looks good also, the tiled lettering looks fab with thanks from Charlie, the master tile maker. Start From Scratch is plodding along but I haven't got a bite with my photography, I am considering holding a photography exhibition and may be asking Bodie for pointers.

No comments: