Monday 13 September 2010

genesis of new work and other news



This is a marriage of two works that I have finally got the impetus to try to complete. The background was started about nine months ago and had layers upon layers added until the paint had thicken to a consistency that I wanted. It's far, far from perfect and needs work on it now that I have added the lettering. The lettering reads:

REACT

After a typing glitch the word said REACTR before deleting the R but, I kind of like it with the R and may keep it as that but it means a lot more work... REACTR...yeah it has a graphic pull.

Now that the preview and after party is over and I have the chance to sit and reflect, I am beginning to see the horizon on a very different way. My work may go into a new direction involving typography, paint and photography...Well, I know that I've concentrated on them styles for a while now but...

The weekend was absolutely a success on such different levels. I have met new creatives and contacts and networked with people from the industry and beyond. The main people I bumped into must be the Trailer Trash DeeJay Krew. They are entertainment types who I must get involved with regarding sculpture within music events etc...more on that subject soon...

No comments: