Wednesday 15 September 2010

CVvCT - FFAF 2010

Well the acronym above stands for:

COLLECTIVE VISION versus CREATIVE TRANSIT - FREE FOR ARTS FESTIVAL 2010

It is basically the CV and CT leg of the FFAF exhibition. The CV team are the 3rd year Interactive Arts students and the CT are the 2nd years of which I am one. We are going to exhibit in Piccadilly Place, Manchester; where there will be three different exhibitions going on. The plans are now in full effect and I have squeezed myself onto the organising team. I am putting together 100 goodie bags just like I have already done for Start From Scratch and now have the task of designing the poster campaign. The poster is looking good and is very Manchester and in the style of Peter Saville and the Constructivists. Which is now surprise really if you know my work and background of influences.

It is going to be a very busy couple of weeks now with the [MUTE] piece having to be finished, the Art Auction is on tomorrow, the Preview Night is 1st Oct and on the same night is the [MUTE] part of FFAF 2010. so in fact:

Sept 15th | Art Auction 6-9pm=Common Bar
Sept 21st | Start of Uni
Oct 1st | Preview Night 6-8pm=Piccadilly Place
Oct 1st | Official Opening Party 8pm 'til late=Sand Bar
Oct 2nd | MUTE Live=Soup Kitchen

And they are the dates that I'll be involved such as schmoozing, selling art-work, exhibiting photographs and seeing if I can hack it with found-sound... I also on with the poster campaign as previously stated and this needs to be for tomorrow and only got the commission yesterday teatime...

But in between the Sept and Oct dates I have two holidays planned one weekend in Portmerrion (which is a life-time dream) and then in Shell Island...both in Wales.

No comments: