Sunday 6 November 2011

Ceramics III






Here is phase three of my pet project using clay. After a chat with some other students, I found out that I maybe doing something wrong and being a little light-fingered with the pressing and slipping so I was shown a new way to form my work. This involves using lomger pieces of slab in a way that it stops cracks at joints etc.. The main image above shows one of the wraparound formations..

Also, I have been in correspondence with a graffiti artist who works with elevated designs and he is interested in setting up collaborations with like minded artists and after a few messages, I have entered the group with a potential exhibition at the end of the month..

The other phottographs show the reationships and dimensions that my models will have with life-sized people.

No comments: