Wednesday 9 November 2011

ceramics IV and possible glass sculpture

After leaving the ceramics to dry out for a few days (over the weekend) and because the kilns aren't fired up everyday, the most successful pieceas have been put into the oven. They are going to be bisqued and because they are just test pieces, They won't be fired twice or have a glaze put on them. I just want to have some practise with the medium and then when I am more advanced..I'll begin with glazing etc...

As there is another exhibition in the pipeline for the the Link that incorporates the whole third year, I am thinking of trying glass instead of wood for the material for my two new sculptural pieces. I am working on architectural maquettes for proposed living quarters. I am interested in architecture and the models for conceptual buildings and been looking into Gordon Matta-Clark and other more contemporary sculptors/architects.

I have been making and experimenting paperboard spatial sculptures and after discounting a whole bunch of them, I have finally decided on just concentrating on two. I think using glass would be a hard process and such a process that will be fraught with many difficulties. It may be something to think about for my end of year/degree show.

No comments: