Tuesday 20 April 2010

sleep and finding a prize

I fell asleep on the busride home tonight and after the motorway part of the journey, and with activity shifting my consciousness, found myself at the traffic lights at Haslingden. When I looked out the window, I saw a Builder's skip with a pile of business lettering chucked on top like a set of golden text[ural] cherries.

I had to get home and soon as I reached the phone, I went straight over the builder's skip in my friend's car. He helped me with the haulage and I had to put some juice in the automobile. The letters that I found are:

S E O C G U T S R O

I just need to develop a profound word or phrase and hopefully have a good piece of art to exhibit. I just want to have my own exhibition. Not saying that I'm selfish but, as in the Goldsmith's programme last night, the gist is self-promotion. If you can't sell yourself or have belief in your work...you're screwed in the art world.

No comments: