Monday 17 May 2010

Catch-up

It's been awhile since the last input but hey...I don't even know if this Blog gets read by anyone else, anyway. This is all for my own reference then and probably for some accidental tourist...

I have started The Nick project which is based on SCALE. I like the one worded titles, just like the Oxford entrance exam that they are putting a stop to now. Apparantly only one in six entrants pass the 3 hour essay that the University sets. they write a word such as NOVELTY etc and leave the poor blighters to mull this [question] over. It is A pity that they have put an end to this torturous exam concept because the prestige is now over with...

So the Nick mini-final-project that a handful of us are doing is all about scale and what we can do with such concept. The usual big buildings and out of focusness has been shown and Manchu did some rather good panoramic shoots on his expensive camera...they WERE good though. A couple of the girls found an abandoned raliway station across from the brand new Piccadilly Station in Manchester. As I am excited about dereliction and abandonment, I zoomed of pretty quickly to find said building but to no avail. I did take some nice black and whites that need developing now.

I have finally bought a SX-70 Land Camera [The Button] cheap of eBay. The film came from The Impossible Project on the same day...what synchronicity. I went over to Preston and proceeded to take photographs of the subway that stars at the Bus Depot and leads through the the Guild Hall. I'll have to upload them because they are quite special...I did tae some digitals and they will be here pretty soon. I like the desolation aspect of isolated freedom. As the adage of photography goes...for a good photograph, time and a good eye is needed.

No comments: