Wednesday 5 May 2010

Presentation, PX600FF and Polanoid

I had my final assessment/presentation yesterday. Six students sat around a table fit for two with the two main tutors busily scribbling notes upon their writing boards. It was an up and down process and I was fifth in line for the torture.

There was some interesting work and one that stood out for me was L.Burke's projects that she did, left and then started afresh. She basically found a whole bunch of bits and pieces of rope on Cornwall beach (I think it was Cornwall. She molded each length of rope into a piece of plaster and for her final project, left at least 24 pieces of these little models for others to pick up. She has pointd a little CCTV camera at the place where she's left them to record a film. Good Idea and well conceived.

After spending a pretty penny on the PX600FF Silver Shade Polaroids that came direct from the Vienna factory, the The Impossible Dream guys have sent an e-mail apologising for the LLP, Laminating Lifting Process. This is a nice name for a defect. The chemicals ARE leaking and spoiling the photographs. I thought this was just me and my inadequacies in photography but, this is a reason why a lot of the PX600FF's that I have taken are SO weirdly temperamental. There are blank photo's, chemically smelling ones, orange ones, yellow ones and others in between. I have put the better ones up onto POLANOID under the guise of thearcadesuperhero.

No comments: