Saturday 22 May 2010

Final Tutorial

I had my final tutorial on Thursday and am pleased to say that I got a mark of 73 which in fact is a FIRST. Thank good..I put enough work into the work et, cetera. I was told by first year tutor that my work is up to scratch and that I don't really stop with the creative thought and processes. The thing is that I studied art and fashion design in the early nineties and I think that I had too many distractions but, at that time, I was told to pursue a different life-path. I finally used my meagre art qualification and entered a role in colour design and dye-stuff analysis. I've still got the report that the tutor[andrea marren] stipulates my shortcomings...

So with this SCALE project that the-nick set two weeks ago, work that has already been set and started [and] amalgamated, I have a final idea for my final piece for the year. After taking photos, drawing from hip and general artistery, I have designed a constructivist piece that isn't dissimilar to the Manchester Hilton Building. In fact...it is really designed from shadowplay of structures and office blocks from the city centre, urban spaces and habitats. It is going to be in large scale, just like my other work but needs to be made out of cardboard first to show the flaws and dimensions... Hopefully I'll get my finger out and create a Christian Marclay based soundscape of detuned radios, buzzing fridges and disembodied chatter...

No comments: