Monday 25 October 2010

intermission

Well, the project was set at Uni and it was given the umbrella title of [SHELTER]. I have been reall ill during the three weeks we were given this project and I have managed to build up a concept and jot down a few ideas....

My basic premise si that we are all transistory in the world of habitation. The only constant we have is the abode that we live in. I believe we leave a mark on the house that we stay in and that eventually fades with the new inhabitants. I am intrigued by half-demolished houses that show the colours, wallpapers and quirks of the exposed rooms, I am basically going to try and recreate the exposed rooms as a large scale collage with glass, metal grids and wood..incorporating paint and wallpaper.

My other ideas include making an egg with a grown man/skeleton creeping out, sewn-up fruit and showing an Super-8 found family movie within a derelict house...but time isn't on my side..

No comments: