Wednesday 27 October 2010

[shelter]

I've finished the maquette for the final part of the mini project called Shelter. As stated, it was supposed to be a four week affair and then that was it. I have been quite ill for the first part of the month with flu and heart problems and tried to do research and development and filled a few pages within my book. I think going to Liverpool and then the beach was a bit silly but It DID retuned my batteries and give me scope. In particular, the assorted in situ installations of certain Mexican (I think) artists who just used quirks and defects of the building on Renshaw Street and named them [enjoy yourself]... These were the inspiration that augmented my concept for the said project.

I am pleased with the outcome of my endeavours and produced a maquette that will assume will become more prevalent within the year. I can see what I have done as a large scale, Jim Dine/Kurt Schwitters esque plaquelike installation.. I know need to get certain books out of the library and read up on what is interesting me at the moment. Can't really go on blindly creating and having no intellectual backing.

No comments: