Thursday 28 October 2010

feedback sheet and my response to the work...



Today was the feedback/non-verbal presentation day and I think for me, it went as well as expected. There was some good work on offer especially from Monty, Rosa/Enya, Ryan, Runa and Felix/Emma et, al. I [liked] other work as well such as Liz's idea incorporating poetry and visuals, Dan's comfort pink noise and Marcin's sound experiment/visual. Dan's and Marcin's work got my interest because of the sound aspect and the way that they manipulated the medium.

There weas some half finished work and some rushed ideas and these were evident in the presentation and in the informal chats we all had when the task was [or was it] over. I enjoyed the social aspect of the exercise and the nosying about in the other students work, seeing their strong points and there working practises. It was very informative in that way and I must have a least a chat with one or two of the gals I don't really speak with, even though I tried today and shrugged off...

I was pleased to a degree with the responses that I got with my work because I tried another medium and another way in producing my work. I have looked up Richard Hamilton, Martin Boyce and Joseph Beuys in the research aspects of this task. I think that I should continue in this vein until I have a proper outcome. With me, I am in danger of becoming too static when things get comfortable and I need a regular shot of adredalin to stay focused. I will produced a larger collage and work towards my final piece, that will be probably take me up to the spring.

I am now going to have three projects underway...busy am I. The Lucien Fellowes Collection of Particulars is gaining momentum, albeit slightly pedestrian. It will be a slower burner to the rest of my tasks but as I have been told, 'it has legs and I should continue]. The second is the the present project [The Transient Aspects of Housing] which I have already explained and the sound collage using cut-up tapes and my 4-track.

I'd like to take this opportunity, to anyone who (if) reads this blog, thank-you for the kind words and the jesture of encouragement that is evident on my feedback sheet...

No comments: