Friday 1 October 2010

update about up and coming exhibitions




Well the time has come for the CTvCV Free For Arts Festival exhibition at Piccadilly Place, Manchester... I went in today to set up my exhibits and I was pleasantly surprised with the space and the environ. It is basically an empty shell of a building/space..looks like a car park with big-big windows... I have the perfect place for my photographs, seems like fate in a way. Helen, the co-ordinator gave it to me thinking I'd not like it but I love it. It has some kind of weird yellow and white markings on the floor and the place where my photographs are used to be a doorway which is now bricked up and frames my work, beautifully. I am really pleased about it and for once, I have an almost Taoist rush.

As for the Mute exhibition on Saturday in the Soup Kitchen, this is still on my mind and I am very, very nervous about it. It is just like before going on stage, getting ready to bare your soul to the public. My piece is all about the state of being asleep but also about being on the verge of being awake. I have played the piece to various people and have had different responses but the same statements of what they thought the piece symbolised..which is positive.

No comments: