Thursday 26 May 2011

failings in presentation

So I failed bigtime in the presentation on Thursday. The files that I had on both my USB and Cd-Rom would play and the DVD that I so diligently worked on for at least six months didn't play. Basically, I had to give an art presentation blind, so to speak.

The presentation that I wanted to give was the Lucien Fellowes and this was going to be a wound-up of what the whole ethos were. I was going to talk about the inception, the imagery, the anchor points and the science but had to leave that in the cold. What I had then was my five minute DVD (one of the three that I wanted to play) that I had to complete to show my creative/ networking and contextual practise for the whole year.

I played the DVD and interjected at several places and then waffled about Lucien for a few minutes and then played a looped film that I have completed with the soundtrack being non exsistent. I then talked about several networking opportunties that I was involved in. This was a presentation that lacked the coherence that I planned. I planned the talk for a while but when it came to the crunch, technology and the waft of hype that I gave myself..let me down...as what Chuck D always says..'don't believe the hype'.

My saving grace if there was one were the q&a at the end of the spectacle. I answered the questions to the best of my abilities and had the intellectual backing to solidify my responses. The payback is tomorrow and thats when I found out if I have dunked and dived or saved myself.

No comments: