Sunday 29 May 2011

self-portrait project



Two Polaroids showing the Genesis of my project.


This is pobably the style I will go with.

As we have the Free For Arts Festival 2011 coming in October and just the summer in between, I have decided to start the project early. We have the dissertation through the summer months to research and hopefully start so I 'll be busy with reading etc.. So this project will be a very personal one and the outcome will show the vulnerability of possessions. I will try to highlight the utility and final downfall of our most used piece of clothing.

Our shoes hold our body and weight and contain our excretions through sweat and dead skin and are the most physically attuned item of our attire. I want to highlight that the shoes are duplicators of organic life both in birth life and death. Therefore they are applicable to our own exsistence, a portrait of who we are.

I would like to photograph a variety of portrait from different people but in my heart, I'd want to do my own self-portraits. I have tried to find some research material for this project but haven't found that many and may need to divulge further. I did start a similar project last year using Polaroids and they may be used as back-up material. I have begun to take more Polaroids though.

No comments: