Tuesday 17 May 2011

Ink for Aid and the run up to presentation time

After emailing, sending messages on Facebook and now leaving odd posts on the back of other peoples posts (on facebook), I have managed to wrangle some information about the submission that I have sent to the Ink for Aid art auction team. This auction was for the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami Fund and also for the Save the Children Fund. I was happy to be involved within this venture because I am interested in Japanese culture in both Art and Social aspects. I am intrigued with the wooden block art of the 19th century and the philosophy of the space between time has it's purpose which is part of the art ethics of the islands.

I have found out that the piece that I submitted has sold and I feel quite proud that somebody has appreciated my work and spent some money on my artistic leanings. I am glad that I have personally contributed towards such a worthy cause and is probably the highlight of my academic/creative year.

The inaugral presentations have started and this time we have 15 minutes to put across what we have been doing over the last year at university. we had to compile an extensive journal which consisted of:

Contextual Research Report
Creative Practise Report
Review of The Year
Networking Report

All these had an estimated limit of a thousand words each but I went over so probably wrote in excess of 6,500 instead of 3,500. I found this side of the essay writing quite easy as we have to talk and condone our actions I thought others should've found it as easy. It was just full of backtracking and finding lost work.

The presentations are this week and mine is tomorrow at 1.30pm.. I have planned that I will show a 5minute DVD that I had to do to show my creative practise, 8minutes talk and play a 2.5minute movie I made about Lucien Fellowes. I am quite looking forward to this as I have had some practise in talking about my work.

No comments: