Sunday 19 February 2012

Antwerp Mansion







As I am going to exhibit within Antwerp Mansions in Manchester this weekend, I decided to make a visit to this rough and ready venue that is located within Rusholme in Manchester. It is a venue for live music and art and is in reality, a disused mansion house that is getting ready for demolishing. Some guy has bought it and is wanting it to be used for art and music. It is very dilapidated and needs a lot of help. It has a cult following and probably looks better at night.

The exhibition is called {evolve} and is for the benefit of the Interactive Arts degree classes really, we have fiver live acts playing through the night which should be good. I am quite intrigued and also a very trepidatious about this project because of the location and possible problems that may arise. There are quite a lot of us there so we may have safety in numbers..

The white painted rectangle in the upper photograph is where I am going to place my assemblage. I am working with light and this will enhance the overall lighting. I have asked to be placed he due to the placement of the white rectangle and because I didn't want my piece to become lost within the ballroom.

No comments: