Wednesday 7 March 2012

possible lino designs

I need to get a grip upon my latest obsession with lino print and the tree, I have been doing the rounds with these now since the beginning of the year and I haven't progressed really with the project.

There have been some good results I suppose but with being told that my cutting technique is too clean and OCD, the alarm bells started to sound again. I was given some feedback and it went to the point that I should be doing screenprinting instead. I like the process of gouging and pressing too much and think that the screenprinting elements are too manufactured. Its like doing piece work to me, do a print and move on..ad nauseum. Although, the process should be used just to see that I can do it and to have the relevant skills.

These photographs are potenial design elements that I may introduce to the lino print phase. I in particular like the anthromorphic aspects to one of them and the photographs are more defined within this grouping.




No comments: