Tuesday 18 January 2011

the grand tour






The day of the site-specific had come and it had gone..almost like a piece of performance art within itself. We started with the Chatham Building, ventured out to locations near the building, through the gardens, past Oxford and then up onto the library..some pieces where missed and these were looked at.

For me, the pieces that stood out where Runa's Wire Installation, Chuman's Suicide Installation, Joel's Eye Poster, Sasha's Diamond Gezzer Boots, Helen's Look Up Piece and Andrea's Bulb piece. I did like a lot of the other stuff such as the hidden book, 'Hold Your Breath' and the Plaque for Lowry..the other just ummed and ahhed for me.

I was happy with my piece and thought I placed it well within the park. I gave my spiel and descibed what I thought I'd achieved and it was nicely received. I left the piece in situ for a while but returned to it with obvious signs of wear and tear. After chatting to a fellow student about the piece, I've kind of feel that I should've done better and I am going to make some modifications. At the moment, the piece looks ominous and quite aggressive (although that may have been the point) so I will make the graduations that I meant to have put in and see what happens.

No comments: