Wednesday 5 January 2011

painting marathon




I am being spurned onto a painting marathon.. This Christmas I was given two A1 sized canvases and a few smaller framed ones as presents and these must be the better portion of gifts I have received, albeit I appreciate all that I have be given. After a conversation I had with an ex-tutor, I decided to heed his advice and get back into painting again..and obviously by the tone of this entry, this has happened with vigour. I am not a particularly a good painter and which was a reason for the interest in other courses other than Fine Art, I think I have a keen eye for compostion and know my limitations. I'm a keen believer in practise makes perfect and that new patrhs have to be tred once in a while to fluff up the cushions of lethargy..

I have attached three different styles of painting that I am experimenting with..
...the Yellow, Red, Black and White has been painted with four types of [pound-shop] enamel based paint..(PillarBoxRed, BlackBoardBlack, Hi-VisYellow and RadiatorWhite)
...Black, White and Bird has been painted with acrylic and so has the Horizon Study..

No comments: