Wednesday 26 January 2011

the pledge

NAME: Sonny J. Barker

PRACTISE: Photography and Sculpture

WEBSITE: organicrobotix.blogspot.com

PLEDGE:
I pledge to sacrificially destroy my newly published book that I have been working on for the last eighteen months. I consider it a visual essay on the accidental compositions that are evident within our socio-geographical environment. This project has been the focus of my creative practise and energies and now I need to cleanse and purge my artistic meanderings.
Through the medium of fire and the mythological powers that it symbolises such as the Phoenix and the Salamander, I may destroy what I consider beautiful to create a whole new stronger and abstract form. In the wake of the burning and when I hopefully appease Minerva, the Roman Goddess of the Arts, Magic and Wisdom I shall become a stronger and more forthright artist.

DETAILS OF ARTWORK:
I plan to burn a 78 page freshly published and printed book that contains a visual essay of 78 pages of Colour Photographs. I have invested a hell of a long time and money into this article and I wish to sacrifially burn it. The book will be enclosed within it's original cellophane and be untouched by human hands and eyes.

LINK TO THE BOOK
http://www.blurb.com/books/1919547

No comments: