Tuesday 18 January 2011

site-specific unveiling



Well it's done and dusted now. I have painted it Payne's Grey in hope that the colour will be camouflaged with the tarmac that it'll be sitting on. The place that I will be placing the sculpture should be the epicentre of the blast in 1941 and resemble the target from the bombers seat aboard the Waffen SS aeroplane..It should have been graduated and not just a standard elevation but after a busy weekend attending meetings at strange places over proposed gallery spaces..I think I have done enough.

My finished sculpture has a secondary use being that I hope that I can create a life-size version that will stand out as usable public space.. I have been in talks with the Head of Art at Blackburn Museum and the conversation was very optimistic and conducive. After further solloquies with other people, I now know what we did talk about isn't just empty air. I have two ideas for public/socio-environmental art pieces and am hoping to have this commission..sport at eleven.

No comments: