Saturday 22 January 2011

Preston Subway







Now that my hissy fit with all that is Polaroid is near it's end..I have been wandering about in Preston with my trusty 636 camera. I am fascinated with connection between one place and another and the subways in Prestons holds a significant attachment to my being. I was in care in the early eighties and we had to travel home by bus via Preston - Blackburn and had to catch a bus at the station and I still remember waiting and playing in the subways as a child..very dangerous places to be at night when you are 4-6 years old.
They are still dangerous places though but I like the almost [A Clockwork Orange] edge about the site..the car park is a gorgeous piece of architecture and is a listed building, the Helvetica used in the signage harks back to another age..it is ageless, set in aspic. But back to the subways, I have managed to take a few photographs today that are both Polaroid and digital but would to go back and use my Makita film-based camera though. The resulting photographs may herald a newer side to my craft and I am thinking of concentrating on film-based media.

No comments: